Attorney Richard Simins is a Philadelphia based attorney who is rated as a Super Lawyer with vast experience after several years of being the lead attorney in many high profile class action suits and other civil litigation cases in the United States.
He is a partner and member of law firm Montgomery McCracken Walker & Rhoads LLP (MMWR) and a former Chairman of the firm.
- Commercial Litigation
- Health Law
- Intellectual Property
- Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences
- Class Action Defense
- Real Estate
- Trade Secret and Non-compete Litigation
- White Collar and Government Investigations
High Profile Cases of Attorney Richard Simins
As a trial lawyer with 25 years of experience, Richard has led lawsuits in the following areas and cases
- Trial of an M&A fraud and trade secrets case for a major supplier of health analytics data to the pharmaceutical industry;
- Defense of a national office services company in multiple trademark infringement litigations across the country arising from the company’s name change;
- Winning a breach of contract trial against a commodities brokerage house on behalf of a multinational steel company;
- Winning summary judgment for a consumer products name-brand manufacturer in a toxic tort class action;
- Trial of a complex fraud case defending a national provider of intraoperative neuromonitoring services;
- Successfully defending a prominent Philadelphia area real estate developer against civil RICO charges;
- False Claims Act (qui tam) litigation involving the sale of durable medical equipment to the US government;
- Obtaining favorable settlement of a hybrid collective/class action under FLSA and state labor statutes for a well-known home health care company.
- anti-kickback fraud litigation representing a hospital and ambulatory surgery center management company against a major insurer.
- Litigated reimbursement disputes on the payor and payee side,
- HIPAA compliance and privacy infringement cases,
- Medicare fraud and abuse claims,
- provider credentialing issues and ERISA benefit claims,
- Handling a variety of contract matters.
Education and Professional Background of Lawyer Richard Simins
Educational Background of Richard Simmins
Richard M. Simins earned his law degree at the Columbia School of Law, graduating with a J.D (Juris Doctor) degree (1985-1988). He was the Columbia Law Review senior editor while there.
Before Columbia, Richard had graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree from the Princeton University (1974-1978).
A year after graduating from Law school and obtaining his license to practice in Philadelphia, Richard Simins joined Montgomery McCracken Walker & Rhoads LLP as an Associate in 1989.
He became a partner after working 7-years with the firm in 1997, and continued in that role till March 2001 when he left to become a partner at Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC. He remained in that position for 17 years.
In March 2017, Richard Simins rejoined MMWR as it’s Vice Chairman and Executive Partner. Later in March 2020, He became the Chairman of the firm, remaining in the role for 1 year 8 months.
Richard Simins Contact
PHILADELPHIA OFFICE ADDRESS
1735 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103-7505
DO NOT REPUBLISH THIS CONTENT